MISC Berhad (Malaysian FPSO operator) awarded Siemens Energy an EPC contract for eight complete topsides modules for the FPSO.
The Mero field is an ultra-deepwater oilfield situated approximately 180km offshore of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. FPSO Mero 3 is a spread moored Floating Production Storage and Offloading unit (FPSO). The FPSO, with the capacity to produce 180,000 bpd of oil and process 12 million Sm3/day of gas, will be installed in an in-water depth of about 2070 meters. Production is expected to start in 2024.
- Award date: 18-Jan-2021
- Project duration: 12 months (Feb-2022)
- Project management team: VME Technical Services, Malaysia
- Skid fabrication: PTVME, Indonesia
VME’s scope of work and supply for the FG Skid:
- Process design, guarantee, fabrication, inspection and testing, DNV certification and supply of equipment
- 1 x 100% Fuel Gas Scrubber
- 2 x 100% Fuel Gas Coalescers
- 1 x 100% Fuel Gas Superheater
- Skid size: 8.5m L x 5.5m W x 11m H
- Skid weight: ~140T
- The package will supply superheated fuel gas to the GTGs, GTCs and other users
- The skid will be located on Topsides Gas Dehydration & DCPU Module S20